Queen City Volleyball Academy (QCVA) is on a mission to channel the power within the game of volleyball to develop great young players and people. Based in Charlotte, NC, we’re also motivated to make volleyball more widely accessible to young athletes in the local area. As a newer organization, we are being thoughtful in how we execute as guided by our values and the QCVA Way.
We aren’t hiring coaches at this time. However, we are always keeping tabs on talented coaches in the area. For that reason, we invite you to submit an application for future reference. Apply here!
We are deliberate and intentional in assembling a team of mission-aligned, high character individuals whose skill, knowledge and expertise help contribute to the excellence in our programs and operations. We are drawn to people who are open-minded, low-ego, authentic, empathetic, disciplined, kind, resilient and competitive. Our diverse, talented and experienced team members pour their effort and energy into helping each team compete at a high level. They are also invested in each team member and care to support all of our athletes in their pursuits.
Our positions are part-time roles that include opportunities for personal and professional development. We encourage all candidates to apply, even if you feel like you’re missing some of our interests, because we understand that a candidate may not have a “perfect” set of relevant experiences.
Travel Team Coaches
QCVA looks for leaders who are organized, process-driven and passionate about volleyball and developing young people. The ideal candidate is someone who is an excellent instructor, strategic communicator, authentic relationship builder and sound game manager. You care to help young people develop on and off the court.
The most important skills and capabilities for our coaching roles are:
- Technical Expertise: You are deeply knowledgeable about volleyball and have played and coached club volleyball for several years.
- Communication: You are a confident, clear and proactive communicator, utilizing strong written, verbal and listening skills regularly.
- Organization: You meticulously plan for training and tournaments. You build a strong team culture with clear expectations.
- Leadership and Development: You are identify and train talent at any level and inspire, mentor and coach your players to perform at their best.
- Problem Solving: You use strong critical thinking skills to anticipate and address issues and work through them constructively.
Other Key Duties
- Proactively identify areas of concern and opportunity within the team and club
- Contribute to the overall program success and engagement of QCVA community
- Ensure facilities are properly maintained, and policies and procedures are followed
- Pass a background screen and become IMPACT-certified by USA Volleyball
From its inception, QCVA prioritized the assembling of a team that represents the diverse lived experiences of our community. We especially encourage applicants who believe deeply in advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and want to contribute in that regard. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, disability or veteran status.